Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss anyone else get these kind of problems in the Pictures of Your Work area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. homegaurd

homegaurd New Member

Very unhappy customers

Attached Files:

2. VitoManiac

VitoManiac Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Looks like the damage caused while trying to get a carpet into a property when you don't give a damn.

3. homegaurd

homegaurd New Member

We toke it straight through the door mate no bends etc, we open up the paper wrapping and voila. Its happened a few times with a certain manufacturer.

4. pf flooring

pf flooring Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Don't do felts myself, but do sell cormar which brings its own problem with delaminating

5. Bobo

Bobo Commonwealth Consultant Pro Floor Fitter

yeah, it's almost causing me to come apart :eek:.

6. poves

poves Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Maybe edward scissorhands is working in the packaging dept ?

7. Taffy_uk

Taffy_uk New Member

yes i have had problems before. customer was not happy lol

Attached Files:

8. stretchersi

stretchersi Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Get this type of thing, you ask ?
    Day after day after day after................................
    Nothing unusual in that and many other faults like tares gashes or the pile coming out before the damn thing is even placed.

9. larry

larry Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Warehouse men on minimum wage afraid to say they crushed cpt with forklift, no pre despatch inspection..
    Its called streamlining (or as we know it "send it out it'll be getting cut of anyway, or its under the bed").

10. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

It's called "the trade wanting cheaper products"
    Something's got to give and the first thing is the guys that would check it, next will be office staff and so on.... De-value the trade lets all shop around to save 10p......

11. Bobo

Bobo Commonwealth Consultant Pro Floor Fitter

..no need to shop mjfl. Just sit in your chair and search the web. It's done more damage to retail than anything else. In My Opinion of course.

12. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

correct Bobo..
    I had 1500m2 warehouse, 2 staff, 2 vans..... Then it all went pear shaped, things got tighter "recession" everybody wanted cheaper , hence china producing/importing most things, gripper/underlay/bars and tools, and that's where we are now. People still wanting cheap, that's what we have now, some customers do want better gear but it's not available anymore, gripper that's like a banana, bars that squash in your hand and tools that just don't last!!!
    Most of my customers only want quality now and I do my best to source and supply it.
    By the way, 1 van and no employees now and a smaller unit, and I still agree with you internet has a lot to answer for...

Trimmer likes this.
  13. 1940

1940 Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Yep! Lost quite a bit on supply because of online shopping.