Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss carpet binding machines in the Textile & Carpet Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. mofox

mofox Guest

does anybody know where i can buy a carpet binding machine and supplies for it ?

2. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Hi,
    Try David on 01159 730200 for machines and Mick for yarn on 07765850399 these guys will help you..

3. mofox

mofox Guest

thanking you !

4. mellosoul

mellosoul Professional Floor Fitter Pro Floor Fitter

Youi havent said what area you are from ?.

5. Carpet Cleaning

Carpet Cleaning New Member

hello my friend..... where are you from ?? and how much you will pay means whats your budget for buying a carpet binding machine... its easy for us to give you a right information .. thank you :)

6. mellosoul

mellosoul Professional Floor Fitter Pro Floor Fitter

Type in whipping machine on Lbay one up for offers good luck

7. the carpet binder

the carpet binder Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

hi mate, David Almond for the machine or wayne at Foot Step if your budget is small but if you buy from Wayne be carefull wat you buy i`ve had to send back machine for exchange the first one not even the man him self could set up good service though honest bloke, yarn Carr Dyke windings Hard and soft set wool £2-25 per kilo + £15-00 per 30 kilos delivery.

8. mofox

mofox Guest

living in dublin,ireland

9. the carpet binder

hello mate, much happening with the binding side of things over there

10. mofox

mofox Guest

up and down...mostly down

11. the carpet binder

same over here

12. mofox

mofox Guest

has anyone bought a machine from footstep?how is the quality,price and service ?

13. the carpet binder

hi mate, yep bought one from Wayne, as i said first one went back load of cack, but sent newer version ok but not as good as you will get from David Almonds its the old saying you get wat you pay for in live

14. the carpet binder

price wise 40% cheaper than David Almonds the machines from Wayne are Revos from India Google revo machines, If you can afford to buy from David Almonds they are a better machine feel totally different when using them.

15. mofox

mofox Guest

can i ask you a stupid question?what would you buy?or what have you at the moment ?

16. the carpet binder

Hi mate, I`m using revo and karpet king the revos are just copies all do the same job.

17. carpetbinder

carpetbinder Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

hi mate i use a heavy duty karpet king from david almonds they provide very good back up and are friendly to deal with

18. EAMONN

EAMONN Guest

I have a consew machine for sale in good working order £1050

19. the carpet binder

EAMONN mate, you still trying to sell that machine.

20. Quick question: If I was wanting to make say 100 18' x 18' samples per day, is there any machine or template set that I can use to cut the carpets quickly? Also what machine would you recommend for binding these samples? I'm needing one easy to use, requires little maintaince and spare parts are easy to come across.

Thanks inadvance for your help.

21. EAMONN

EAMONN Guest

I have one for sale call me on 07768342244

22. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

I use a piece of 4mm ply for different sizes.

23. I'm just about to buy a GN20 - 3A from china. I have heard good reviews on this machine. I going to get the 4mm ply to be used as a template for the different sizes of samples. The only thing I will need is the 3 different types of threads to be used on this machine. Can someone tell me what these are and where to purchase them from?

Many thanks

24. the carpet binder

hi mate,
    go for bonded nylon m40 for the 2 threads and wool for the other, i buy mine from carr dyke windings the wool comes in hard twist or soft twist my machines seems to prefer soft twist you will need to tell them what you want the yarn is about £2-25 per kilo the thread about £13 -00 - £15-00 per large cone delivery is about £15-00 per 30 kilo weight.the soft yarn covers alot better so you wont see the carpet colour through the binding if its not a match.

25. mrcarpets

mrcarpets Guest

hi can any body tell me about a titan 2500 2 thread machine .
    im looking at buying a second hand one £1800

26. NCCarpetBinding

NCCarpetBinding New Member

Revo merely copies other machines. Case in point their bag closer line is direct copy of the Union Special.

If you're looking for reliable carpet binders or whipping machines I'd buy directly from NC Carpet Binding. That's us of course. We have been in partnership with Union Special since the 1950's. We take their textile heads and convert them to carpet machines and/or invent a machine, have them mass manufacture it for us. Our machines are guaranteed to last a lifetime with minimal maintenance. If you need references from the UK, Ireland, wherever we'd be happy to oblige. Give us a try and I'll provide a 10% discount on the machine of your choice + free supplies.

27. NCCarpetBinding

Titan Serger is a great machine. Great but expensive. Parts are also very expensive but most sewing machine parts are.

28. the carpet binder

I`m looking for another whipping machine has anyone got any thing they want to sell, prefer Hampshire, Surrey areas.

29. NCCarpetBinding

I'm in the states can offer whipping machine in various table models or portable. Shipping is on the house if you're interested. Our 81200 class is customizable if you prefer tape underlay, ultimate cornering, with rear puller if you encounter area rugs. At times we have reconditioned equipment in house the carry a new machine warranty. Right now we have our flagship model: 81200TPWA/B ready to ship in both new & reconditioned. New $7000 Recond. $5500.

If you require a single feed machine for remnants, small area rugs, runners etc. pricing will range from $4000-5000 for brand new. You can view all our units in action on the website.

30. the carpet binder

thanks for the offer mate but looking for used karpet kings or the like, nothing at the type of price of yours.